2020 has come with several ups and downs as well as changes to industries, schools, and cities. But Austin isn’t new to change. In fact, we see it regularly in the evolving skyline, the new businesses opening their doors, the new developments hitting the news, and the construction sounds that surround us. It’s almost guaranteed that we will continue to experience growth for quite some time, especially with the construction that has been planned for Austin.
Below are some of the recent developments that are expected to hit the city:
- 3rd & Brazos – A 41-floor apartment tower with nine floors of above-ground parking, 306 residential units, and 4,500 sq. ft. of retail space on the ground floor.
- 14th & Guadalupe – A 31-story office and retail building that will contain 239,710 sq. ft. of office space along with 3,614 sq. ft. of retail area on the ground floor.
- 90-92 Rainey Street – A 606-foot-tall mixed-use tower with 53 floors, 198 apartments, 424 hotel rooms, and over 580,000 sq. ft. of building space.
- Block 36 – A five-story multifamily building with 263 total units that include studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom designs. It also features 4,500 sq. ft. of retail space on the ground floor and underground parking.
- The Republic – A 48-story skyscraper that overlooks the Republic Square. It will be a 1.42 million sq. ft. project that includes 800,987 sq. ft. of office space, 19,423 sq. ft. of retail space, and 1,900 parking spaces.
- Symphony Square – A 31-story mixed-use tower that will have 129,000 sq. ft. of office space, ground floor retail, and 385 residential units.
- Tower 5C – An office tower that contains 463,723 sq. ft. of offices and 1,722 sq. ft. of ground-floor retail space. There will also be pedestrian improvements and a sidewalk cafe area at its corner.
- Waller Park Place – A 1.4 million sq. ft. project will include three towers with 300,000 sq. ft. of office space, a 150-room hotel, 498 residential units, 60,000 sq. ft. of retail, as well as a lattice bridge across Waller Creek.
If you’re curious about any of these planned construction projects or even projects that are currently being worked on, contact Sage Wilson Property Group. As experts on Austin real estate, we’re always happy to share our knowledge with you. Have a question? Simply fill out the short contact form below: